Hubs and the kids and I headed to my family’s cabin for the weekend for some summer R & R.
- hung out on the deck
- read our books
- watched the stars
- took the dogs for long walks (until the neighbor down the way told us he’d just seen a bear ~ we booked it back to make sure the kids were inside…they were, thank goodness! We never saw the bear…); And sometimes the dogs took themselves on walks (this is Juliette, our mini dachshund and my writing buddy)
- made s’mores on the BBQ grill (there are fire bans all over Colorado right now)
- watched the nesting Mountain Bluebirds and Tree Swallows (bird watching is fave past time for all of us!)
- shopped for fudge (in hundreds of flavors) at the little shop at the corner where we turn to head toward the cabin
- saw some big and strange moths
- Enjoyed the view – we were surrounded by mountains!
- Added a new kind of bird to our list ~ The White-faced Ibis
- Watched the deer through the trees
- Watched a couple hummingbirds come to the feeder
- And just took it easy!
It was a great trip – although we had lots of wind and rain (and we aren’t complaining ~ CO needs all the rain it can get). We came back relaxed and ready to return to normal life.
How about you? Do you have any summer R & R trips scheduled?